Does whole wheat baking exited you?! I try to use wholewheat flour as much as I can in baking. Recently I ventured out in classic chocolate chip cookie with wholewheat flour. A basic whole wheat chocolate chip cookie has sugar, flour, butter, eggs and chocolate chips.
If you have kids and reluctant to give the maida/all purpose flour cookies/biscuits then you will love this recipe. It surely is a keeper. I have made jumbo size cookies so even one ? is enough with a glass of milk.
Things to note before making basic WholeWheat chocolate chip cookies-
- These cookies a slightly chewy, soft inside with a firm texture outside.
- I have poked a lot of chocolate chips on the outside before baking.
- While baking the Cookies won’t brown much. To check done-ness simply lift the cookie and look for golden brown.
- The cookie is heavier than its maida/all purpose flour counterpart.
- The sugar measurement in recipe is normal sweetness. Add less or more according to the sweetness you prefer.
- If making egg less version use curd which is not too watery or too thick. Normal pouring consistency is good. Also make sure your curd is fresh.
Hope you give it a try once. Share your feedback with me in comments.
1 cup whole wheat flour/ chapati atta
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg(for eggless replace with 1/2 cup curd and 1tsp baking soda)
50 gm salted butter( for unsalted butter add 1/4 tsp salt separately)
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Cream the butter & sugar til light.
Add vanilla essence & egg. Beat til combined.
Now add flour and baking soda.
This will be a thick mixture. Now fold in the chocolate chips.
Place the dough in fridge for 15- 20 mins.
Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 mins.
Scoop the cookies one inch apart on to a baking try lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 10 to 12 mins and not more than 15min(see notes).
Enjoy with tea or a glass of milk.
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
Follow me On TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Share this post if you like it.⤵