Would you believe if I say that this will be the easiest chicken tikka biryani you can ever make!!
Not only is it easy to put together but it tastes so delicious that your family & friends will be licking fingers. It can easily be made in bulk for a party or if you make just for your family I can assure your they all will be fighting for the leftover.
So what makes this biryani really special is the chicken tikka that we make. I have used some baking and some tradition infusion of coal to get to the authentic biryani taste. If it sounds intimidating just read the recipe, it should be enough to convince you that its not!!!
Directions to Make Chicken Tikka Biryani-
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Salt As pe taste
- 900 gm chicken cleaned & patted dry
- 1 cup Curd/dahi
- 2 tbsp Kashmiri Chilli Poweder
- 1/2 tbsp Tumeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsp ginger, garlic and chillies paste Or 1 Tbsp each
- 200 gm Basmati/Biryani Long Grain Rice Soaked in twice the water
- 3 Large potatoes cut in cubes
- 4-5 big red onions finely sliced
- Salt As per taste
- 2 no Black cardamom kali elichi
- 1 no tej patta
- 6-8 no black peppercorns kali mirch
- 1 tsp jeera cumin seeds
- 4-5 no laung clove
- 10 tbsp Ghee
- 1 no peice of coal koila
- 4-5 big tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp Biryani Masala
- Marinate chicken with all the ingredients listed under marination. Keep It aside for atleast four hours.
- Pre Heat the oven for 10 mins at 200C. Place the marinated chicken on the skewers and bake for 30 mins. I also increased the temperature to 220C for the last 10 mins which gave a nice char on the chicken.
- Now take out the chicken skewers and keep aside to use in biryani.
- Heat ghee in a pot. Add jeera, kali elichi,laung, kali mirch, tej patta and saute for 30 sec till aromatic.
- Now add the onions and saute till they are brown(but not burnt). Add salt and biryani masala. Cook for 10 sec. If it starts to burn or stick at the bottom add a splash of water.
- Now lastly add chopped tomatoes and cook till they are soft and mushy. Mix in the chicken pieces as well. Take out and keep this aside.
- In the same pot add your soaked rice and cook them with some salt till they are 70% done.
- Now take out half the rice. Layer the chicken mixture that we set aside. now top with the potatoes too. Top with the rest of the rice and add 1/4 cup of water.
- On the other gas burn a coal piece and place in a katori.
- Put the katori on the biryani mix. Pour some ghee over it and close the lid. Cook the biryani for 15 more mins. Leave it aside till all the smoke from the coal clears up.
- Enjoy with curd and green chutney!!
Make sure to balance salt as some is to be added at every step of the recipe.
Cant make it now. Pin it her for later
Other recipe that you may like
If you like this recipe please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
You can also send me your pictures of the recipe if you try and I would love to feature you on my Social Media Pages. Sharing your feedback always makes me happy and motivated me to create more such content.
This post contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.