Juicy, tender, spicy and tasty Chicken Seekh Kabab is an all time favourite among chicken lovers.
Best served with onion rings flavoured with chat masala and green coriander chutney. I even added some tomatoes too.
Some important pointers-
- Using fresh mince will give better(moister)kababs.
- If you can get fresh mince frozen is just fine. Make sure to defrost well in advance and put it in a strainer to remove excess liquid.
- You can use chicken breast if you can’t get mince chicken. Simply chop chunks of breast peice in food processor with a blade attachment and your chicken will be minced.
- Although marinating is not really required but it does make a difference when it comes to taste. The spices are more blended and well absorbed.
- Chop everything really small so that it’s easier to skewer them. I use this chopper.
So now that we got the basics right we can start with the prep.
Directions to make chicken seekh kabab-
How To Make Chicken Seekh KababCourse: Snacks, SidesCuisine: Indian
Juicy and moist chicken seekh kabab best served with coriander chutney and onion rings.
500 gm Minced Chicken
2-3 large onions finely chopped
1 large capsicum finely chopped(optional)
Salt as per taste
1 tbsp chilli powder (add less or as per your taste)
2 tbsp Jeera powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tbsp chaat masala (optional)
2 cups bread crumbs (you may need more or less)
Skewers for kebabs
Oil for basting the kababs
- In a large mixing pot add minced chicken.
- Add chopped onions and capsicum.
- Now add all the masalas.
- Mix everything well.
- like to use my hands. Massage the masalas in the chicken well(upto 2-3 mins turning over again and again).
- If you want to cook it later at this step put it back in the freezer.
- If not add bread crumbs half cup at a time. Mix just enough so that the chicken mince hold its form.
- Now to prepare skewers oil them well and keep aside.
- Also heat a non stick tawa, pan, skillet on medium flame.
- To make skewers oil your hands or wet your hands.
- Now make a small ball with mince and flatten on your hand.
- Hold skewers from one end and start making kababs but pushing it’s on the skewers. Use your thumb and index finger to make sma ring and shape the kababs.
- Once all the kebabs are ready place them one by one on the skillet. I made 3-4 at a time.
- Brush little oil or even ghee on top.
- Flip only after 2-3 mins. Cook on each side. Similarly cook all the skewers.
- Serve with onion rings and coriander chutney.
Pin it here for later-
If you like this post please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this post please link back with due credits.
You can also send me your pictures of the recipe if you try and I would love to feature you on my Social Media Pages. Sharing your feedback always makes me happy and motivated me to create more such content.
Connect with me on Social Media
This post contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.