When its weekend you have to make something delicious. These juicy chicken popcorns are so similar to the one we get at KFC and its totally worth making at home. So I present my version of KFC style popcorn chicken.
A special trick that makes them juicy is to soak them in the milk whey or buttermilk at least for an hour before frying.
Milk whey is simply the liquid left after cogulating milk for making cottage cheese/ paneer(see how to). Or you could make a watery buttermilk by adding 250ml water to 2-3 tbsp of curd. Soak the chicken; please don’t ignore this as it will make the popcorns juicy.
So if you do choose to make this recipe some quick tips for you-
- Use chicks breast boneless as its tender and takes less time to cook. Hence perfect for this recipe.
- Don’t skip the soaking step, its crucial for juicy popcorn.
- Make sure to dry your chicken pieces well before the next step. If there is moisture it will ruin the flour mix or may not crisp up as it should.
- These should be served immediately.
So let’s begin with recipe.
250 gm chicken breast boneless
250 ml buttermilk or milk whey
1 cup flour/ maids
Salt & pepper as per taste
1 tsp paprika( replace with 1 tsp red chili powder)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder(optional)
Oil for frying
Spring onion greens for garnish
Slice chicken in small popcorn size portion. Soak in buttermilk or milk whey. Leave for 30 mins to an hour.
Now in a sperate bowl mix flour, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until combined.
Now dry the chicken as much as you can and coat them well in the flour mix.
* tip- spread the flour in a flat dish. One by one place the chicken in it all over and shake it. Chicken will be coated in flour and no messy hands. ✋
Now fry them; make sure not to over croud them.
Takout on a kitchen paper.
Now arrange them onto your serving tray and spinkle some spring onions.
Enjoy with ketchup!!!
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
Share this post if you like it.⤵