Easy and homemade milk powder burfi is your one stop for a delicious Indian desert made in 15 min.
As a kid we have gorged on a lot of these traditional Indian desserts made in our homes. Burfi usually takes hours of work.The milk is cooked for long time to reduce full and then the rest of the process is completed. In today’s fast life we dont have so much of time to put in our cooking. So these kind of recipes really are a boon.
Diwali is just around the corner, we are all prepping our homes and making list of delicacies to make things this Diwali. I know I am.
So making this burfi was on my to do list and I finally made it. I shared some of to husbands colleagues in office and it was a hit. Hoping that you will give it a try.
This milk powder burfi is really easy to make and I was surprised that it came out so well.
Other Similar Indian Dessert recipes that you can try-
- Instant White Chocolate Kalakand
- Easy Besan Mysore Pak
- Mango Kalakand
- Seven Cup Burfi/Fudge
- Khoya Burfi Made From Ghee Leftovers
Directions to make Milk Powder Burfi-
Recipe Source- Hebbars Kitchen
- 1/4 Cup Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 3/4 cup full fat milk
- 2 & 1/2 cups Milk Powder/Dry Milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder/elichi powder
- 2 tbsp almonds chopped
- 2 tbsp pistachios chopped
- Grease a square baking pan or a glass pan to set the fudge/burfi. You can also use a parchment paper on the bottom and grease the sides.
- In a non stick pan heat ghee/clarified butter.
- Now add the milk, sugar and milk powder. Mix thoroughly until no lumps are left and sugar is dissolved.
- At this stage keep stirring and in about 4-5 min the mixture will start to thicken.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- It will start to become thick like a dough.
- Do not over cook otherwise it will become chewy.
- Now immediately pour this on to a greased pan and straighten the top.
- Now sprinkle the almonds and pistachios and with the help of a spatula or a katori press them gently to the burfi/fudge so that it sticks well.
- After the burfi has cooled down completely cut into equal squared. Serve.
- You can store these in an airtight container for about a week.
Cant make it now!!
Pin It here for later⬇
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
Share this post if you like it.⤵