Jeera Aloo is an easy side dish which can be prepared in minutes.
Today I will be sharing the perfect tip on how you can make the jeera aloo that you get in restaurant.
- You have to boil potatoes well in advance and give them enough time to cool down themselves.
- Potatoes kept is refrigerator are hard and won’t work.
- Heat mustard oil till smoking point and then turn the heat off. The residual heat is enough to cook jeera Aloo.
- Don’t mix too much after adding the masalas, just enough that it’s well incorporated.
- You have to know how much measurements masala to put, adding anything later ruins the taste.
- I like to use an aluminium kadai/ vessel for this. For some reason it tastes better.
So let’s start.
Directions to make perfect Jeera Aloo-
2 cup boiled potatoes roughly chopped
Salt as per taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp haldi or turmeric powder
1 tsp jeera/ cumin seeds
5 -7 tsp mustard oil
some add hing but its optional
In a Kadai heat mustard oil till smoking point.
Switch the gas off.
When the oil is half way cooled add in jeera/ cumin seeds and salt, red chilli powder and turmeric. Cook for 10 sec.
Add the potatoes. Mix. Don’t over mix.
Serve with roti.
The jeera aloo is so tasty that I could eat them directly or with some crispy bread. The are so melt in the mouth. Taste good with a simple moong daal and achaar. Some things in life are so simple to make but provides so much comfort.
Hope you like it and try it. If you have any trick anything to add I would love to hear from you. Leave them in comments.
Do you love roti or puri or even with some daal or rice and side of jeera aloo.
If you like this post please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page where I share lots more. If you wish to replicate this post please link back with due credits.
You can also send me your pictures of the recipe if you try and I would love to feature you on my Social Media Pages. Sharing your feedback always makes me happy and motivated me to create more such content.
Connect with me on Social Media
This post may contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.