Oats Idli is very easy to make and so so delicious.
I am trying to include more and more oats in my diet. Oats are rich in essential nutrients and fibre which helps with lowering blood cholesterol when consumed regularly.
So eating oats is not the only thing important. To cook them the right way using less oil and loads of veggies, pairing with high protein will make them even more healthier.
Other oats recipes that you can try-
To all those who seem to not like oats please give it a try, make different kind of sweet or savory things with it and you may just like it. This oats idli is my effort towards the same.
The peanut chutney really gave a nice punch to the idli, try it once.
Directions to make Oats Idli-
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sooji
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp eno
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt as per taste
- For tempering-
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds/rai
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1/2 tsp urad daal
- 1 tsp chana daal
- a pinch of hing /asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- 6-7 to rn curry leaves
- 3-4 chopped cashews
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Firstly blend the oats very finely and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seed, urad daal, chana daal. Saute till the seeds crackle and the daals are golden.
- ** make sure dont over brown the daal as it will taste bitter later on.
- Now add curry leaves, ginger, chilies,cashews and hing. Saute for about 30 sec.
- Now add the sooji and oats flour and saute till roasted well on low flame. Don’t need to brown it. Let it cool.
- Once cooled add the grated carrots, coriander, water and curd. Leave it to rest to 5-10 mins.
- Adjust the batter to a medium thin running consistency by adding more water. Dont add too much other wise your idli will comout slimy.
- Now grease your idli try and heat water to boiling point.
- Add eno in the idli and stir well.
- Immediately spoon in the idli mold. Steam till cooked.
- Enjoy with peanut chutney.
Pin It here for later-
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
Share this post if you like it.⤵