Banana cakes are one of the most baked cakes. What if I tell you that you can make it more moist, soft and super yum. Yes, my Wholewheat Buttermilk Banana Cake is that recipe which will give you the most amazing banana cake ever.
So few things to note-
- I have used Wholewheat (atta) but you can use maida(APF) or half wheat and half maida.
- Because this cake has Wholewheat it’s a bit heavier/dense. But taste wise no compromise. It’s still soft and moist.
- Buttermilk is the ingredient that makes this cake amazing.
- To make buttermilk just add 1 tbsp white vinegar to 180ml of whole fat milk and leave it aside for 5 mins.
- Top with chocolate chips or nuts or seeds, your choice.
- Adding 2 medium size bananas also is fine.
- Add cinnamon powder if you’d like.
- I have used two variety of sugar, use only white or only brown as per your choice. Both is fine.
So let’s start
Directions to make Wholewheat Buttermilk Banana Cake-
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 TSP baking powder
1/2 TSP baking soda
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
85 gm butter
1.5 to 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
1 tbsp vanilla essence
180ml buttermilk (see note)
*To replace egg add 1/2 cup fresh beaten curd
Pls click on the video below for steps.
If you like the video pls like, share, comment. And subscribe to my channel.
Pin it here for later
If you like this post please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this post please link back with due credits.
You can also send me your pictures of the recipe if you try and I would love to feature you on my Social Media Pages. Sharing your feedback always makes me happy and motivated me to create more such content.
Connect with me on Social Media
This post may contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.