Aloo Ki Tikki is the most basic snack made in most Indian homes. It’s favorite amount vegetarians, kids and adults alike. And there is so much more you can do with this humble Tikki.
Popular in North India the aloo Tikki is deep fried and served with runny chole on top with lots of onions and grated raddish and beetroot along with an array of chutneys. It’s one of my favorite childhood memories.
But as I have grown up it just feels too much to consume the whole thing. Although I still drool over the thought of the aloo Tikki chaat.
Aloo Tikki is also one of the fav snacks to make specially when you have vegetarian guests at home. And to jazz it up I like to serve it with my peanut and coriander chutney which is just out of this world. You’ve got to try it. For recipe click
So let’s jump to my tips to make perfect aloo Tikki at home-
Check my my post on how you can make crumbs yourself at home, store easily and use when needed. Click here
Directions to make Aloo tikki-
- 3 large boiled potatoes (see tips)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- Bread Crumbs as needed – around 2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Amchur powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Garam masala 1/4 tsp
- Chopped coriander
- Oil for frying
- In a large mixing bowl add potatoes. You can either grate them or use a fork or a potato masher to squish them.
- Add onion, chilli and coriander.
- Also add all the spices.
- Now paste is ready. Add enough bread crumbs so that paste becomes a loose dough.
- Leave it aside for 30 mins
- Wet your hand and make medium size tikki.
- Deep fry till golden and crisp.
- Enjoy with peanut coriander chutney.
Pin it here for later
Similar snack recipes on the blog-
Connect with me on Social Media
If you like this post please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this post please link back with due credits.
You can also send me your pictures of the recipe if you try and I would love to feature you on my Social Media Pages. Sharing your feedback always makes me happy and motivated me to create more such content.
This post may contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.