If you are a tikka fan then you have try my restaurant style paneer tikka recipe.
Its super simple to make at home. Hardly takes 20 mins after an hour of marination.
Juicy, succulent and crispy charred paneer tikka will melt in your mouth craving for more.
Things to know before we start with paneer tikka recipes-
- Choose fresh paneer. It will ensure that Tikka’s are soft.
- If you are using paneer that is refrigerated for long then simply place the paneer in some warm water(not hot water) until you are ready to use it.
- Using vegetables are optional but they are my fav part about tikka.
- Feel free to leave out any vegetable you don’t have.
- The way you cut paneer, onion, capsicum and tomato are important. Each should be almost equal in size.
- I prefer cutting huge cubes of paneer because they are easier to skewer and grill and will most likely not break while handling.
- Ensure that the vegetables size match the size of paneer. When chopping tomato remove the seed and pulp.
You can buy good chat masala from here.
More paneer recipes on the blog-
Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala
Directions to make paneer tikka at home-
Paneer tikka is a grilled cottage cheese with vegetables. A tasty and healthy protein rich snack, party appetizer.
- 2-3 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste Add chilli paste too if you'd like
- 2 Tbsp Mustard Oil Can use olive oil too
- 1 Tsp chaat masala
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Tsp Jeera Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 2-3 Tbsp Thick Curd or greek yougurt
- 2 Tbsp Besan gram flour
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- 250 gm Paneer Fresh Cottage Cheese
- 1 cup onion, capsicum and tomato chopped in squares
To marinade mix all the ingredients under marinate in a large bowl.
Add the cottage cheese and onion, capsicum and tomato.
Mix gently. I like to use my hands as it allows me to mix the tikka without breaking the paneer.
Marinate for 60 mins. And maximum for 4 hours.
Once you are ready to grill them preheat the oven at 200C for 10 mins.
Skewer the paneer, onion, capsicum and tomato alternatively.
Grill in the middle for 20 min.
If they are still not charred move to the top rack and grill for another 2-3 mins.
Enjoy with coriander chutney!
Pin it here for later-
If you like this post please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page where I share lots more. If you wish to replicate this post please link back with due credits.
You can also send me your pictures of the recipe if you try and I would love to feature you on my Social Media Pages. Sharing your feedback always makes me happy and motivated me to create more such content.
Connect with me on Social Media
This post may contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.