Baked vegetables recipe in whole wheat sauce and no butter.
So the recipe is pretty basic and has no butter. Also I have used minimum olive oil to saute the veggies. Served with the whole wheat masala bread which I turned into loaf this time.
I basically added whatever veggies I has in the fridge at that time.The recipe may be basic but looks really fancy??
Directions to make Baked Vegetables-
Baked vegetables recipe in whole wheat sauce and no butter. Serve with WW masala bread or garlic bread.
- 4 tbsp Whole Wheat atta
- 200 ml Milk
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Small onion chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp Red bell pepper chopped in cubes
- 2 tbsp Yellow Bell Pepper chopped in cubes
- 2 tbsp Green Capsicum chopped in cubes
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup processed cheese
In a bowl or a glass mix the ingredients under white sauce and keep aside.
In another pan heat 2 tsp olive oil. Let it heat a bit.
Add your veggies all at once. For other options and variations read recipe notes at the end of recipe.
Let the veggies saute and get some color. Then add salt & pepper. Take care of how much salt you put as there is salt in white sauce and then cheese also has salt.
Now add the milk and flour mix directly to the veggies. Mix and it will start in thicken in a few seconds.
If the sauce becomes thick add little bit more milk to adjust. That's it. Now we just have to bake it.
Pre heat the oven at 220°C for 10 mins.
Pour the sauce mix with veggies in a baking proof glass bowl. Sprinkle the grated cheese on top. Now the red chilli flakes and italian seasoning.
Bake for 15 min or till the top is crispy and golden and all the cheese is melted.
Take out of the oven and let it rest for 5 mins.
Serve with masala bread or plain bread or garlic bread too.
PS I have baked the garlic bread without any butter or oil for 2-3 mins till it was crispy.
- For variation of veggies add mushrooms, baby corn, corn kernels that comes pretty boiled, peas, french beans.
- To add protein to this add paneer for vegetarian and rotisserie chicken for non vegetarian.
- You can also add boiled pasta to this. But it that case you will need more sauce.
- Please take care of the salt you add, it can easily flip on the higher side.
- I like to use processed cheese but you can use blends of cheese too. If you like stringy cheese then add some pizza cheese too.
Can’t make it now. Pin it here for later ??
If you like this recipe please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
You can also send me your pictures of the recipe if you try and I would love to feature you on my Social Media Pages. Sharing your feedback always makes me happy and motivated me to create more such content.
This post contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.