Oats Chocolate Chip Cookie is my perfect solution for a yummy homemade and healthy treat.
Its a great option for people trying to avoid maida or trying to include more oats. Its pretty obvious to say that cookies/biscuits that we get in market are not really healthy. If you have an oven and like to bake; this cookie recipe s pretty basic and anyone can try it.
There is something special about baking cookies at home. For me it was my son who loves everything made by mommy. So I wanted to try making him eat oats and there cookie did just that. Haven’t followed any recipe just went with the flow of making a basic cookie. If I would change something I would maybe skip vanilla essence. Hope you all give it a try.
Other cookie recipes on the blog that you may like-
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Flourless Cookie
- Eggless Whole Wheat Nutella Cookies
- Eggless Whole Wheat Coconut Cookies
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie
Directions to make Oats Chocolate Chip Cookie-
- 1 & 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour/atta
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg for egg less use flax meal egg replacer
- 1/2 cup soft unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt skip if using salted butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essense optional
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl add flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Whisk and keep aside.
- Now in a separate bowl whisk the butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add the egg and whisk again.
- Now mix the flour mix and beat gain.
- Now with a wooden spatula fold the oats and the chocolate chip.
- Chill the dough for 30 min.
- Scoop out medium size balls and flatten little bit.
- Bake at 170C for 12-15 mins.
- Cool on a wire wrack.
Can’t make it now. Pin it her for later ??
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
Share this post if you like it.⤵