Dhaniya Murgh as the name suggest the main ingredient is dhaniya or coriander. But what if I say this recipe requires absolutely no chopping. Yes absolutely zero, even no cleaning the dhaniya😛. Really this is the easiest recipe of chicken I have come across.
Love it’s freshness and did I mentioned it has no masalas and almost zero oil. It’s so health friendly, good recomendations from dieticians. Woah. So enough with the praises and let me share it with you☺.
SOME THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START MAKING DHANIYA MURGH
- For the prep I have used the upper part for the coriander leaves that we get in market. Just grab the upper half of the whole bunch (mostly leaves) and twist it. Mine was fresh so it was clean. While washing it I removed whatever bits were bad.
- For spices I have used green chillies. Obviously you can use green and red combo as well. Mine was mildly spicy.
- For variation mint or basil can be used with coriander (maybe 30:70 ratio).
- I haven’t used any onions but it can be added for variation in taste.
- Also I had cooked it once only half way through and baked rest for 15 min at 200°C.
500gm Chicken Cleaned and pattered dry with a kitchen cloth
3 cups Coriander leaves
1 cup curd
3-4 green chillies
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp sauf/fennel seeds
2 green cardamom
Grind coriander leaves and green chillies together. It can be paste-y or chunky as per your choice. The end result will be according to that.
Now mix chicken, coriander & chillies mix, curd, ginger, garlic, lemon and salt. Let it marinade for at least 1 hour.
I have pounded both sauf and cardomom a little.
Hear 2 tbsp oil in heavy bottom kadai. Add sauf, cardamom, cloves. Let it cook till nice aroma arises.
Now add chicken. I have cooked this on medium high flame till thick gravy forms. This takes almost 15 min. Check salt. Add more of required.
Cover and let it rest for 30 mins before serving.