Honey Chili Potato is currently my favorite starter. And so easy to make. Party season is on and so is my cooking.
I am constantly looking for party recipes which are easy to cook and can be made easily without much hassle.
And here I have one such recipe. Crispy Potato dunked in bit sweet & bit spicy sauce; topped with sesame seeds and spring onions. Are you salivating yet??
Some tips before making Honey Chilli Potato-
- Cut the potatoes in thick wedges as during deep frying or baking they will not loose their shape or get soggy; as they are big chunks and not tiny like french fries.
- You can do the same recipe with cauliflower florets or chunks of chicken for a non veg version.
- The sauce measurement is not too hot. You will need to adjust as per your taste.
- Add potatoes to the sauce only when you are ready to serve.
- Please makes sure you don’t end up adding too much salt as all the sauces have salt in them.
4 potatoes cut in thick wedges
3 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp red chili powder
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Vinegar
1 tbsp red chili Sauce
(If you want more fiery you can add green chili sauce too)
1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp finely chopped ginger garlic
2 spring onions( white part & green part chopped separately)
1/2 cup capsicum chopped in long strips
Mix the potato, cornflour, salt as per taste and red chili. Mix well and keep aside for 10 mins.
Mix ketchup, honey, chili, vinegar, red chili sauce, soy sauce, chili flakes and 1 tsp sesame seeds and keep aside.
Heat oil for deep frying.
Fry the potatoes until golden brown. Drain them on a kitchen paper.
If you are baking the potatoes skip the cornflour and instead add 1 tbsp oil and bake at 200C for 10-15 mins.
Now in a non stick pan heat 3 tbsp oil. Saute ginger garlic. Add white onion part of spring onions and capsicum. Now add potato and the sauce mix.
Mix gently, taste. Adjust salt if needed.
Now transfer to your serving dish. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and green part of spring onions.
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
Share this post if you like it.⤵