There is no comparisons of fresh homemade paneer to the store bought one. I know such families where paneer is made fresh every morning and consumed raw every morning. Paneer is also a base for a lot of Indian dessert and snack recipes.
It’s such a staple source of protein that you’ve got to know how to do it.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1. Full fat Milk 2ltrs
2. Curd 250gms
3. Lemon 2 nos.
4. Vinegar 1/2 cup
5. 2 tsp salt (optional)
Things to know before making paneer
1. Boil the milk as you would. After boiling let it rest for about 5 mins. Keep stirring in between so that the cream doesn’t settle on the surface and mix with the milk only. This will ensure in making creamy paneer.
2. You can use fresh curd or a bit sour curd. If using sour curd the measurements above will be applicable. But for fresh curd a little more would be used.
3. When using vinegar wash the paneer immediately after the separation to remove the acidic taste from it. Same case with lemon.
4. Salt is optional but it gives nice taste to paneer (rest assured it will not be salty either).
5. The residue left after making paneer is very nutritious. You can use it to knead dough, use in curries or stews or drink as chaas.
How to make paneer(procedure)
Add curd(lemon/vineger) to the boiled milk. In few second it will curdle.
Let it cook for another 30 sec. Drain in a cheese/muslin cloth and hang for the rest of the liquid to drain.
If you want you can knead this mix a little to get a fine texture or directly place it in a bowl, squish it down with the back of the spoon and let it rest. Now refrigerate for 4 hours at least.
Cut it in cubes and use as per recipe.
If you like this recipe please like it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page to join me in my food journey. If you wish to replicate this recipe please link back to this post.
Share this post if you like it.⤵