This is the basic chutney of all. We all have had it; we all have made it;& we all have our own versions of it. So today I will be sharing my version of coriander chutney. I like my green chutney hot and spicy, so please adjust chillies as per your taste and tolerance.
Two handfulls washed coriander
2 garlic pods
1 large onion
4-5 green chillies
2inch peice of kairi / raw mango
Salt to taste
Roughly chop onions, garlic, chillies and raw mango and blend in a small chutney jar.
Now add coriander and blend until you get a smooth puree.
You may need to add little water for this but start by adding 2 tbsp and add further if required.
Add lemon juice and salt. Its ready.
Thus chutney serves best with all Indian snack, deep fried food, tandoori, tikka. Just yum!!
1. Fold in some beaten curd and it turns into an amazing restaurant like chutney. You can even use this as your sandwich spread.
This will stay good in refrigeration for 2 days.
2. Add one tomato instead of lemon and you get a different kind of sourness. Opt of the desi tomato , it gives the best results.
Add this chutney to raw onion rings and some chat masala; you get an amazing salad.
3. To the above recipe add big handful of sev/gathiya/hot mix/chunky namkeen and some sugar and you get an amazing sweet and spicy thick green chutney.
It serves best with dhoklas.
4. You can also not put garlic and onion. Just add tomato with other ingredients.
I make this version for my no ginger, garlic and onion friends. And they love it.
5. Add peices of stale bread in this chutney while grinding. It will absorb all the moisture and give you a thick paste. Now add this to any flavoured or non flavoured mayo of your choice for a desi twist.
This work best for burger spreads and salad dressings.
So these are my top five coriander chutney variation.
• You can deep freeze the chutney for months in useable portions without adding salt and lemon.
• All these variations should be prepared and consumed within 2 days.
• Adding half mint and half coriander also works on all above combinations.
So enjoy and if you like this post please like and share/ comment.