If there is anything good about summer it is the season of Mangoes. But the king of fruits is not the only fruit you can enjoy in summers. Infact there are so many fruits that are summer specific. Not to mention their health benefits that you must try to eat them.
Which fruits are called summer fruits-
Fruits that are available in summer and a loaded with high water content, mineral rich to restore lost salt from the body and are easy on the stomach.
Here are 15 Summer Fruits & Their Health Benefits-
- Watermelon– with its 92% water content its obviously the best fruit to beat the heat. Watermelon hydrates your body during summers and replenishes the lost vitamins and minerals. Watermelon is a rich source of vitamin B, C, E and minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Mango– its undoubtedly the king of fruits in India because its rich in fibre, vitamins, and minerals. Some would also say that its a healthy fruit. But mind the calories of eating too much mango.
- Kiwi– is an under loved fruit reserved for topping, smoothies and mainly to show off. But its loaded with vitamins like vitamin A, B6, C and minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and iron, kiwi is one of the best Indian summer fruits.
- Muskmelon– kharbooja as its popularly called is a good source of vitamin A, C, potassium, and magnesium. Its high water content makes it the perfect summer fruit.
- Figs– Figs are natural sugar-containing summer fruits that provide instant energy during an exhaustive summer. Figs help replenish the dehydrated summer body with minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Orange– with more than 80 per cent of water content. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, Oranges keep your body hydrated and protect it from the summer heat
- Guvava– is rich in water content, fibre, iron, vitamin B complex, phosphorus, calcium, and carotene. Its also good for your teeth and oral health.
- Pineapple– Loaded with vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and potassium, pineapple helps regain the lost minerals in the summer heat. Grab a drink that has real pineapple in it. Munching on pineapple fruit slices are my favorite. Infact you can add them to so many smoothie recipes.
- Plum– they are an eaily ignored summer fruits with so many other options but really they are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and bioactive compounds such as carotenoids and phenolic acids. Plums help improve memory, lower blood sugar level, boosts bone health, and prevent a wide range of diseases.
- Lichi– Best eaten fresh these have nutritional components such as polyphenols. Lichi fruit is juicy yummy, it only comes for a very less time; a moth before its going to rain. So make the most of it.
- Grapes– There are so man varieties but green grapes are synonymous to summer. Grapes are rich in polyphenols and antioxidants that make them beneficial against infections and help boost brain health.
- Apricots– Delicious apricots are considered one of the best summer fruits. They are a rich source of beta-carotene that benefits eye health and skin health during summer.
- Peach– Peaches are not just good summer fruits but help lower blood pressure and prevent heart diseases. Peaches restore the lost vitamins and minerals in the body due to excessive summer sweat.
- Bael– After mango and litchi, bael is the most common among summer fruits in India. You need no ice or refrigeration for bael drink. It is a natural coolant with added benefits of antioxidants and an immunity booster.
- Papaya– One of the best summer fruit is papaya because of its enzyme content (papain and chymopapain) that strengthens immunity to fight viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. Its also good for your gut health.
The opinions, ideas, views expressed in this article is solely my experience based in hope to help my readers. Kindly excercise caution and self judgment.
If you like this post please like & share it and leave your valuable comments. You can follow my Facebook page where I share lots more. If you wish to replicate this post please link back with due credits.
Connect with me on Social Media
This post may contains affiliate links, if you choose to buy anything by clicking on it will help me earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.